The hydroponic methodology allows consistent product regardless of seasonal conditions or need for a large amount of water making it drought-proof.
Cows love the taste, and with padock-to-plate traceability customers love it too.
Barley Growing Process
- 750 kg of Barley seeds soaked in water for 2 hrs to soften shell
- Water is drained and soft barley seeds are scooped into 190 trays
- Trays get placed into racks with automated irrigation and inferred lighting
- Seeds sprout with 24hrs
- In 3 days sprouts produce a root system
- 4 days fully grown sprouts form a large ‘biscuit’
- 3 ton of barley sprouts are feed to cattle
Click on the photos to see the view the barley growing process.